Snapdragon Halter Hack
Hello, it’s Emily here, and today I’m going to show you a quick and easy halter hack using the Snapdragon dress and romper pattern! I love this hack for a quick romper/dress with very little adjustments.
1. First you’ll cut the Snapdragon front, skirt, and straps (you can do thick or thin, for this example I used lace!) The only thing that you will do differently is on the back bodice, instead of cutting the scoop back where your corset loops would go, you’ll cut straight across. In doing so, you’ll end up with two rectangles for the back bodice.
2. You will then cut a 3-4” strip of fabric that we will sew into a tube for your halter loop.
1. First, take your halter strip and sew a tube, then turn it.
2. Next, take one of your back bodice rectangle pieces and find the center. Make the tube into a loop and baste to the center back. Place the bodice back and lining right sides together (sandwiching the loop in). Serge/sew all the way across the top.
3. Sew your straps, and turn them. Baste the straps to the top sides of the front bodice. You will then serge/sew across the top and sides.
4. Lastly, you’ll open your front and back bodice and then sew the side seams!
5. That’s it! You now have a quick and easy halter bodice and you can complete your Snapdragon skirt/romper as usual!